At Barker and Jennings we are Ballarat accountants that provide a full business consulting service with the aim of building a relationship with clients based on mutual respect and trust.
The business services we offer can have a profound affect on the day to day overall performance of a business. These business consulting services include strategic planning, assistance with mergers and acquisitions, management restructuring, succession planning and forecasting and budgeting.
Starting a New Business
Part of our business consulting service is to help turn a new business idea into a reality. If you have a good idea for a new business or have found the ideal business to buy we can help you:
- evaluate the business thoroughly.
- decide on the most suitable structure for your business – sole trader, partnership, or limited company
- prepare a business plan, cashflow projections, budgets, and trading forecasts
- assess your finance requirements, advise on the best sources of finance, and draw up the necessary proposals
- establish a good working relationship with your bank
- register for an Australian Business Number with the ATO
- complete registration procedures with Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- deal with company secretarial issues
- set up a recording system for your internal use and for complying with statutory requirements
As the present business climate becomes more competitive and demanding, there are greater challenges and opportunities facing businesses. The ability to be strategic, dynamic and responsive is of even greater importance and could be the difference between a business that thrives and one that survives.
If you need stronger business direction, leaner operations, or simply want to achieve greater profitability, our business advisors will help you reach your peak business performance through:
- due diligence and feasibility studies
- business valuations
- strategic and business planning
- government grants
- profit improvement
- business systems and process review (personnel, operational, management)
- succession planning.